Saturday, May 21, 2011

The end of the world as we know it...

Its the end of the world as we know...  and I feel fine.  The band was the Insomniacs, and I played with them in college.  It had played in bands before.  Rubber Nurse was one.  It was a great band;  less focused on becoming famous and more on just having fun.  The Insomniacs were a little different, however.  Not so much obsessed with becoming famous as trying to make the best music possible.  Sometimes we were close, and other times we were not.  I still remember standing on stage with that band and thinking...  "This is it.  I am gonna think back some day and remember just how great this was!" I can honestly say that I tried to enjoy it will all I had.

I play big band Jazz and some combo stuff now.  It is more compatible with my life.  (Starting a gig at 9:30 is not something one does with 2 small kids at home, a day job and...  well...  a few more years under the belt.  Not that I am responsible...  just getting older and being responsible tends to take a bit less energy, I guess.

I just wonder...  someday will I think back about my life today and remember just how great this is?

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment