Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The songs for Pat Metheny Clinic...

On Monday, I received the songs for the Pat Metheny clinic arrived.  They are:

Soul Cowboy
Message To A Friend
Bright Size Life
Question and Answer
James
The Red One

I am familiar with all of them, except the first one.  It is a very interesting tune.  At first listen it sounds like  a standard 12 bar blues number.  The version linked to above is not the one on the Trio 99-00 disk.  I am looking forward to learning it.  The other numbers are pretty standard stuff.  The last one was a Scofield/Metheny collaboration.  The second one is a nice example of Metheny/Hayden.

I am continuing to think about the tunes that I am going to bring to the clinic, but have not made much headway.

We had a nice gig last night with the Big Band.  Bob mentioned that he is thinking of arranging a Spivak tune, with a little bass feature section.

Well, that is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment